WHAT TO DO IF YOUR CHILD…
IS SICK OR ABSENT
- Phone the office 250-477-0178 (if during school hours please press 1 to leave a message on the absent line as staff will be busy with their regular duties).
- Please leave a clear message with your child’s name, division, teacher’s name, and reason for absence.
- To ensure you do not receive an automated absent call, please call the office and leave your message before 9:00 AM on or before the day of absence.
- If your child will be absent for a significant amount of school days, first, please leave details of first and last day of expected absense along with a reason for absence at 250-477-0178. Second, please send an email to the classroom teacher.
- Let the office know as soon as possible 250.477.0178 or click on the link in the ‘parent’ tab designed for this
HAS AN APPOINTMENT AND/OR NEEDS TO LEAVE EARLY
- Send a note for the teacher
ISN’T SURE ABOUT CLOSURES DURING HEAVY SNOWFALL
- Check the School District 61 website
IS BEING PICKED UP BY SOMEONE OTHER THAN THE PARENT/GUARDIAN
- Send a note for the teacher explaining the pick up arrangement
- If you are only a few moments late, go to your line up spot. If your teacher has already gone into the building at the start of the day, line up outside the front door on the ramp. Our office staff will check students in and help get them to class as necessary. If you come later in the day, come to the front door and ring the doorbell. We will check students in and help them get to class as necessary.