WHAT TO DO IF YOUR CHILD…
IS SICK OR ABSENT
- Phone the office 250-477-0178 (if during school hours please press 1 to leave a message on the absent line as staff will be busy with their regular duties).
- Please speak slowly and leave a clear message with your child’s first and last name, division, teacher’s name, and reason for absence.
- To ensure you do not receive an automated absent call, please call the office and leave your message before 9:00 AM on or before the day of absence. You can leave a message 24/7
- If your child will be absent for a significant amount of school days, first, please leave details of first and last day of expected absence along with a reason for absence at 250-477-0178. Second, please send an email to the classroom teacher.
- Let the office know as soon as possible 250.477.0178 or click on the link in the ‘parent’ tab designed for this
HAS AN APPOINTMENT AND/OR NEEDS TO LEAVE EARLY
- Send a note for the teacher
ISN’T SURE ABOUT CLOSURES DURING HEAVY SNOWFALL
- Check the School District 61 website
IS BEING PICKED UP BY SOMEONE OTHER THAN THE PARENT/GUARDIAN
- Send a note for the teacher explaining the pick up arrangement
IS LATE AND YOUR TEACHER HAS ALREADY GONE INTO THE BUILDING
- If it is before 9am – go directly to your classroom.
- If it is after 9am – come to the office to check your child in and (K- Gr 2) walk them to their classroom. Gr 3 – Gr 5 students if capable, can go to their classroom unescorted after checking in at the office.